Machinist - Aviation
A premier provider of quality component services to the aviation industry, is seeking a full-time Machinist that can proficiently operate a variety of machine tools, including manual milling machines/lathes (Sorry, CNC operators need not apply).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Operates, repairs and maintains a variety of machine tools, including manual milling machines and lathes.
Studies blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications to determine all requirements for part/tool fabrication.
- Uses various hand tools, grinders, saws, and other machines to prepare parts.
- Fabricating parts by measuring, sketching, drawing, and selecting appropriate processes and materials.
- Selects proper tooling and adjusts speeds and feeds as required.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Verifies conformance of finished part/unit to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Consult quality departments, production, and those other departments to successfully perform job functions.
- Maintains a safe and organized work environment in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of aviation and fabrication experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience, an understanding of shop math, and knowledge of precise measuring equipment.
- Experience reading blue prints.
- Own tools required.
MUST have experience with OD grinding and surface grinding
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and technical instructions.
- Effectively use the English language, both oral and written, to communicate information to others.
- Effectively assist in problem analysis.
- Demonstrate a high level of workmanship and professionalism.
- Work well with team members and maintain positive working relationships.
- Maintain a high level of communication.
- Exhibit an overall respect for safety regulations and conforming to compliance guidelines.
Very competitive pay, benefits, and relocation package available. Negative drug test required. Please submit resume for consideration.